The SAAF Forum

Discussion on the SAAF and other southern African air forces.
It is currently 14 May 2024, 21:14

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017, 19:30 

Yes, kudos to Herman, Gary and the rest of the crew :smt023 . Awesome job on Saturday, Judging seemed to run like clockwork. Special congratulations to Terrence (he's not on this forum unfortunately). He took 1st 48th jet and overall MOY with his magnificent Kinetic / Wingman Alpha Jet in Luftwaffe colours - spectacular. Theuns took second in 32nd scale props with his quick Spittie build - awesome stuff mate !

Sean (Madmax) brought his 32nd Mirage IIICZ in blue/grey along - I reckon he should've entered it as it's as good as the best out there. The colours are spot on. Terrence brought his previously completed 32nd Mirage IIICZ (in natural metal) and we lined all three (mine included) up on the wing of the real Mirage IIICZ for a lekker photoshoot. Herman, please PM Terenece's e-mail to me if you have it - we need to post some of those pics on Britmoddeller to show those okes how Mirages should really look :!: :!: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Drifter, no more excuses - you must join us.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017, 19:44 

Mistral wrote:
Yes, kudos to Herman, Gary and the rest of the crew :smt023 . Awesome job on Saturday, Judging seemed to run like clockwork. Special congratulations to Terrence (he's not on this forum unfortunately). He took 1st 48th jet and overall MOY with his magnificent Kinetic / Wingman Alpha Jet in Luftwaffe colours - spectacular. Theuns took second in 32nd scale props with his quick Spittie build - awesome stuff mate !

Sean (Madmax) brought his 32nd Mirage IIICZ in blue/grey along - I reckon he should've entered it as it's as good as the best out there. The colours are spot on. Terrence brought his previously completed 32nd Mirage IIICZ (in natural metal) and we lined all three (mine included) up on the wing of the real Mirage IIICZ for a lekker photoshoot. Herman, please PM Terenece's e-mail to me if you have it - we need to post some of those pics on Britmoddeller to show those okes how Mirages should really look :!: :!: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Drifter, no more excuses - you must join us.

I know!!!

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017, 21:41 

Drifter wrote:
Where are da pitchas?

I took a few photo's, but to be honest they did not turnout well. Lighting was poor and its difficult to take photo's whilst people are judging and moving about. To take proper photgraph's one needs a tripod, space and time.

Hi Herman

Do you think it would be possible at next years MOY to set some time aside for taking photographs?

Perhaps during the time when the room is cleared for the final tally of the scores, then get a few of the photographers to photograph the tables. I reckon three or four photographers could shoot all the models in 10 minutes.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017, 22:02 

Howzit Mars

I was thinking about the same thing on Saturday.

I am going to run with an idea during the course of the year to get a couple of guys together and plan/build a proper photo booth for the club that can be used at competitions as well as show and tells.

Will be pressing your and Malcolm'so buttons for ideas

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017, 22:13 

Hi Herman

You can count me in.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017, 22:14 
Site Admin

Mistral wrote:
Special congratulations to Terrence (he's not on this forum unfortunately).

Time to apply some pressure ... :wink: