The SAAF Forum

Discussion on the SAAF and other southern African air forces.
It is currently 13 May 2024, 18:15

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: It's almost here!
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2020, 11:28 

Hi everyone!

So I'm going to be like so many of the other posts here and say I have questions about selection, because I was called! Really, really exciting! :shock:

I've browsed through most of the posts here and I think I've got most of the information I need, I just have a few more questions.

Firstly, what's really bothering me is the body measurements. I've measured myself and this is what I got.

Full height - 158cm
Sitting knee height - between 49,5cm and 51cm (not sure where to measure from)
Sitting eye height - 110cm [-X this seems way too tall for my height, I think I've measured incorrectly.
Arm length from shoulder to wrist - 57cm
Arm length from shoulder to end of finger - 74cm
I'm really not sure where to measure buttock to heel height from. I measured from the bottom of my buttock and got 76cm :( if I've measured correctly, this is way below what's required, so I'm stressed out over it.

The other thing that's bothering me is my weight. I was 57kg but lost 8kg over this year and now I'm 49kg. I'm wondering if this is immediately disqualifying or if they'll give me the opportunity to pick up the weight again. Later on?

Lastly, I've read that they ask technical questions about planes. I know most of the basic stuff but the technical details are more complicated for me. Is there anything I really need to learn? And I've also read about questions that they ask for the interview, would I need to know about all of the history of the airforce?

These are all of my questions for now!

Thank you!