The SAAF Forum

Discussion on the SAAF and other southern African air forces.
It is currently 17 Nov 2019, 20:36

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Old Airfix wanted
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2013, 16:28 

Hi Guys!

Been working my @rse off since before December & have not touched a kit for quite a few months :( Fortunately I was able to lurk now and then and admire the progress of everybody's excellent models. Lovely work - there are so many of you producing beautiful and realistic looking kits that I can not think of ever being able to build something like the models seen on this site. I apologise for not posting, but I am so g@tvol after work that I just have a quick look and wish for a bit of modelling time... Thanks guys for keeping my interest in the hobby going with your informative chatter and blow-by-blow accounts and pics of the progress of each model. :) I picked up a lot of tips just by reading your posts and looking at the pics, specially for the Sabre and Spitty.

I've got a few days off in March and will try to finish at least one of the six kits that have been lying on the bench since last year. (Kit-bashed Cheetah D/B ?? ... never sure about the difference - got the Cheetah book from Dean, but have just scanned through it, IAF Kfir in low viz, SAAF Spit IX Evelyn - still have to decide which one to do - WW II or the 70's one, Aussie Mirage IIIO in silver, SAAF Harvard and SAAF CL-13 Sabre in camo, all in 48 scale)

Witch brings me to the reason why on this thread: Any one have any 1/144 airliner kits they are willing to part with? Specifically the jet aircraft that flew with the orange tail SAA livery, but other airlines' kits also. (I already got hold of an old Airfix 727 and 737.) I have always wanted to build at least one of each of the airliners I ever flew in, SAA ones coming first. (I was also looking for a 72 scale 707 but these are either impossible to get, or impossibly expensive on eBay. This is to be a companion for a 72 scale Concorde that I still have to build)

Well, back to lurking and wishing till March....

Cheers,

Andre

Post subject: Re: Old Airfix wanted
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2013, 08:04 

Hi Andre

I have a 1/144 USAF C-18A can you can do as a Boeing 707 with some modifications, the model is partially built already.
Send me a pm if you are interested