The SAAF Forum

Discussion on the SAAF and other southern African air forces.
It is currently 21 Sep 2019, 00:36

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2015, 17:46 
Site Admin

15 October 2015: defenceWeb

Quote:
South Africa makes first military visit to the Russian Far East military district

By Dean Wingrin

A military delegation from South Africa is making the first ever visit to the Russian Eastern Military District.

According to Eastern Military District spokesman Alexander Gordeyev, the South Africans had already visited the Eastern Military District’s training centre in the Far Eastern Khabarovsk region, a training facility where they could get an idea about combat characteristics of T-72B3 tanks, as well as an exhibition of small arms.

The delegation is expected to meet with military commanders of the Pacific Fleet in Vladivostok on Wednesday and will familiarise themselves with the infrastructure of Bamburovo firing range, were a tactical exercise with field firing is underway with participation of Pacific Fleet marine infantry.

"The sides marked the importance of the development and strengthening of military and military-technical partnership between Russia and South Africa," Gordeyev said.

Whilst the visit will continue for another two days, the Russian military district commanders had already received an official invitation for a return visit to South Africa next year.

In terms of a military cooperation agreement signed between BRICS partners South African and Russia in 2013, the two countries agreed to "enhance military cooperation, including military and military-technical cooperation on a long term basis and other forms of interaction between the armed forces of the two countries."

A recent outcome of this agreement is the news that about ten South African Air Force pilots from 2 Squadron at AFB Makhado have been selected for further training in Russia.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2015, 13:28 

The "new" South African alliances are moving in the "wrong" direction, as far as I'm concerned. The current government is more interested in align us with dictatorships and countries with "Democracies for the people" than with true democracies and countries with balances and counter balances in their political systems.
This is a government showing their true colours. A very sad state of affairs as far as I'm concerned.

Hay, what do I know, I'm seen, by them, as a "colonist" and a racist, simply because I do not agree with their way of living.... :cry: :shock: This even though my people has been part of this country for 8 to 10 generations. :roll:

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2015, 05:00 

We are allowed I our believes. I believe I said my moms side was Huguenot. I too have a long history but disagree and tink this is the right direction. Just my opinion.

Edit.. Came across this whilst my nightly Sputnik visit amongst other media outlets. Should he rule Europe? http://sputniknews.com/art_living/20151 ... urope.html