|The SAAF Forum
|1/35 Eland 90 Mk5
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||vulcanxm607 [ 03 Feb 2019, 12:10 ]|
|Post subject:||1/35 Eland 90 Mk5|
This is the 1/35 TAKOM AML-90 which I modified and completed completed as the Eland 90 Mk5 as when used in Rhodesia in the 1970's.
Mods done are as follows:
01) Side panniers on both sides had the tops angled,
02) engine deck raised as the Eland had a larger engine,
03) air vent and radiator vents made and installed on the top and rear of the engine bay,
04) angled the tops of the side panniers in front of the rear wheels
05) .303 MG put on top of the turret,
06) made and installed the turret vent pipe. It is next to the .303 mounting strut,
07) mounting struts for the spare wheel made & the spare wheel moved to rear top of turret,
08) fuel filler pipe made and installed,
09) twin antennas bases made and fitted. Antennas made from thin guitar wire.
10) single exhaust put just above and behind the right rear wheel well.
11) Also the tyres were changed for an aftermarket set from Mirror Models Lts to get the correct tread. Unfortunately once again no company supplies the correct type of split rim used on the Elands.
Paints used are Spray Can Humbrol Acrylic 30 'Dark Green' and a mixture of Vallejo 70913 'Yellow Ochre' & Vallejo 70594 'Green Yellow' brush painted on to make the Rhodesian camo. The tarpaulin on the ditching track is made from rolled up tissue coated with white glue and then brush painted Vallejo American Dark Green. Finally entire model was coated with Spray Can Humbrol 49 'Matt Varnish'
|Author:||Dean [ 03 Feb 2019, 14:58 ]|
|Post subject:||Re: 1/35 Eland 90 Mk5|
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC + 2 hours|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group