The SAAF Forum

Discussion on the SAAF and other southern African air forces.
It is currently 23 Jan 2019, 09:39

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: 30 Nov 2018, 07:39 

Good morning everyone,

ScaleWorx will be relocating overseas at the end of December. The workshop should be up and running by February next year. Today is the final day for locals placing orders within South Africa, before the molds and masters are prepared for shipping to the new production facility. Many thanks to our loyal clients for their continued support over the past 17 years :smt023

Cheers,
John

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2018, 10:30 

Big news, best of luck!

Where are you heading off to?

What will be the shipping cost impact be on the price of the kits?
Now also have to consider the FX rate.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2018, 12:15 

Thanks MARS,

Where production will take place isn't really important, as the majority of clients are international, with less than 15% in SA. The cost of registered airmail will be confirmed in time, but I don't think it would be much different than shipping from SA, besides a better chance for parcels of actually reaching it's destination. The product price list will only be in US Dollar, and methods of payment to be confirmed also. The exchange rate will be a factor too, plus customs will most likely be eagerly rubbing their hands.

Cheers,
John

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2018, 13:05 

I will place a order or two before you go.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2018, 14:54 

Mars wrote:
I will place a order or two before you go.

Thanks for your support, just a reminder that all orders have to be placed today in order for us to complete it :smt023
From next week until the 15th (official shutdown) of December we're just finishing up orders, not taking in new orders. Only 15 x 1/48 BK-117 kits will be made available during this time.

Cheers,
John

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2018, 10:36 

hi

and now , what about a Cheetah C conversion set at the big scale ?????? ( I mean 1/32 ..what else !!!)

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2018, 08:09 

Bladerunner wrote:
Thanks MARS,

Where production will take place isn't really important, as the majority of clients are international, with less than 15% in SA. The cost of registered airmail will be confirmed in time, but I don't think it would be much different than shipping from SA, besides a better chance for parcels of actually reaching it's destination. The product price list will only be in US Dollar, and methods of payment to be confirmed also. The exchange rate will be a factor too, plus customs will most likely be eagerly rubbing their hands.

Cheers,
John

They shouldnt, as I found out just this week, all plastic model kits that require assembly are zero rated. You only pay VAT and a handling fee.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2018, 09:39 

Drifter wrote:
Bladerunner wrote:
Thanks MARS,

Cheers,
John

They shouldnt, as I found out just this week, all plastic model kits that require assembly are zero rated. You only pay VAT and a handling fee.

Good to know :smt023

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2018, 13:35 

Yep, I just brought in a 1/200 HMS Hood and a 1/32 SDB-5 Dauntless. Was 190 Euro R3080.00) . All I paid in was R419.00, that was VAT and a handling fee.

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2018, 13:47 

Thanks Drifter ;)

snoop wrote:
hi

and now , what about a Cheetah C conversion set at the big scale ?????? ( I mean 1/32 ..what else !!!)

1/32 is not really my scale, and the market too small. I actually build 1/72 mostly.

Cheers, John

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2018, 12:46 

Bladerunner wrote:
Thanks Drifter ;)

snoop wrote:
hi

1/32 is not really my scale, and the market too small. I actually build 1/72 mostly.

Cheers, John

too bad !!! but it should be an interesting conversion , as the "big" scale market increases more and more , especially since the new Italieri Mirage is available ... it could be worth it

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2018, 19:10 

I second that Snoop. John, please scale up your Cheetah E nose !!! :D

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2018, 23:11 

Guys, it could possibly be worth the effort, but I tried the 1/32 market with the Martin-Baker Mk.BRM4 ejection seats, and it didn't really sell. I'll do some more research next year, but no promises ;)

Cheers, John

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2018, 12:01 

Mistral wrote:
I second that Snoop. John, please scale up your Cheetah E nose !!! :D

hi
I meant Cheetah C :) more " tricky " with her extended fuselage , particular nose cone , and miscellaneous stuffs ... if I am right , the E version had the Kfir C 2/7 nose cone ( among other particularities ) available with the isracast set
cheers

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2018, 14:20 

The Italeri Mirage IIIE is well suited for a Cheetah C conversion, granted the fuselage extension would be a bit tricky but its still better than most Mirage/Kfirs kits in any scale.

The challenge with modelling the Cheetah C is that aesthetically its half Mirage and half Kfir with its own additional unique components.

A 32nd Cheetah C would look great.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next