The SAAF Forum

Discussion on the SAAF and other southern African air forces.
It is currently 12 May 2024, 23:52

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2018, 09:11 

870 odd parts, 51 sprues, EUR 369.

https://forum.largescalemodeller.com/to ... irst-look/

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2018, 14:19 

Hey Drifter,

- Wingnut Wings 1/32 Avro Lancaster B.Mk.I/III

- Wingnut Wings 1/32 Avro Lancaster B.Mk.III "Dambusters"

Click on "Model images" to see preview screenshots.

Regards,
Stratobat

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2018, 14:34 

Stratobat wrote:
Hey Drifter,

- Wingnut Wings 1/32 Avro Lancaster B.Mk.I/III

- Wingnut Wings 1/32 Avro Lancaster B.Mk.III "Dambusters"

Click on "Model images" to see preview screenshots.

Regards,
Stratobat

Ja nee. Who would have thought. 2 x 32nd scale Lancasters. I feel sorry for HK. Based on a survey on LSP, many folks who wouldve boughr the HK Lanc will now wait for the WNW one. The WNW has oil canning effect which will be more realistic on such a large model.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2018, 15:29 

I dont know Mistral, the WnW kit is going to be eye watering expensive, and the oil canning effect looks overdone to me.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2018, 16:28 

Hey Mistral,

Mistral wrote:
Based on a survey on LSP, many folks who wouldve boughr the HK Lanc will now wait for the WNW one. The WNW has oil canning effect which will be more realistic on such a large model.

I wouldn't take any survey too seriously. What people say and what they end up doing are sometimes two totally different things.

The oil canning does look interesting but I wonder if Drifter is not correct regarding it looking overdone?

Regards,
Stratobat

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2018, 16:32 

You may be correct on the price Drifter. I'm guessing landed in SA, north of ZAR6,000. The guys were talking about how much aftermarket goodies they may have to throw at the HK Lanc to bring it up to WNW spec which may make it as exensive as the WNW one. Eish, can never make modellers happy. I wonder if WNW will provide 4 Merlins ? In terms of oil canning, I think it'll look good under dark earth / green / black !! I don't think WNW designers will mess this one up as the boss will be watching closely..... :wink:

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2018, 08:27 

Very north of R6000, closer to R8000.

WnW are offering 2 different engine options, and yes, you can do four of them. Both the Merlin XX and Merlin 28 can be built.

Model features

32043 Avro Lancaster B.Mk.III in development for release in late 2019. Highly detailed RR Merlin XX (for B.Mk.1) or Packard V-1650-1 Merlin 28 (for B.Mk.III). Internal canopy framing. Dropped flaps. Removable outboard wing sections for ease of display. WWII era fabric covered elevators. European theatre radiators and nacelle intakes. Optional early & late tailwheels, unweighted or weighted (with full bomb load) main wheels, H2s Radar, 500lb (UK & USA), 1000lb, 4000lb “Cookie” and SBC bombs, FN.20 or FN.120 rear turret with optional cut away perspex, early & late bomb aimer’s blisters & windows. Optional dummy engine blocks so you don’t need to assemble complete engines to build model. Early DH.5/40 (needle) & late A5/138 (paddle) type propellers & spinners.

Model features

32044 Avro Lancaster B.Mk.III “Dambusters” in development for release in late 2019. Highly detailed Packard V-1650-1 Merlin 28. Internal canopy framing. Dropped flaps. Removable outboard wing sections for ease of display. WWII era fabric covered elevators. European theatre radiators and nacelle intakes. Operation Chastise Type 464 (Provisioning) “Dambusters” specific parts include Upkeep mine & mount, bomb bay fairings, mid-upper turret fairing and spot lamps.