The SAAF Forum

Discussion on the SAAF and other southern African air forces.
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 05:41

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2010, 08:21 

hi guys!
some of you will remember we had a discussion abbout the shine on decals a few week ago!and some of our more expearianced modlers advised us abbout future!well after a few e-mails and phone calls to s,c, jhonson and son,im glad to report that our south african reriant of future floor polish is PLEDGE HIGH SINE :smt023
tried and tested it :lol: it works like a charm =D> =D> =D> =D> looks milky when you appay it :shock: but when dry its crystal clear and its got a hi gloss shine to it :smt023 decals isnt a problem @ all :smt023 havnt got to wheathering yet will let you know \:D/ its available from shoprite,pnp and spar!happy decaling to all in sa :smt023
GOD BLESS
bd out :D

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2010, 09:08 

Cool, that is exelent news :smt023
Could you maybe post a pix of the bottle so we can get the right stuff ?

Theuns
Ps. how long did it take to dry/cure? I read from the lads in the UK it takes about 2 days before you can work on it.

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2010, 09:21 

i have a lot of problens loading my photos on photo bucket.ill try

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2010, 11:05 

sorry no go #-o cant get it loaded1it comes in a white bottle with a transparent turn off cap.ill try to load it when i get home.stuck at work :cry:

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2010, 13:53 

Thanx

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2010, 14:14 

I had a look at the stuff you mentioned, and all I got was the same stuff but in either lavender or potpouri sent :roll:
Is it the same as yours? Does the plane smell nicer when you paint it? :lol:

T

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2010, 06:55 

yeh!until you clear coat it :lol:

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2010, 16:19 

Hi

You should be able to get the unscented one, I used to use this stuff before I moved over to the U.K (18 months ago).

Also a handy tip if you airbrush/paint the stuff on and you get beading, just add a squirt of windowlene to it. It helps to break the surface tension.

In South Africa look for "Mr. Muscle" in a pink plastic bottle with the "Future" logo on the bottom of the label or Johnsons "One Step" which is chemically identical to "Future"

Hope this helps

Cheers
Brenden

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 06:54 

AH BRENDEN #-o WHERE WERE YOU WITH THE PREVIUS DISCUSSION :?:
THANKS ALOT!ALL IN SA WIL BE DOING THAT
HAVE A GOOD ONE

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 10:28 

Lol Glad to help!

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 10:34 

T. van Vuuren wrote:
Cool, that is exelent news :smt023
Ps. how long did it take to dry/cure? I read from the lads in the UK it takes about 2 days before you can work on it.

Sorry forgot to answer this.

Usually I would leave it overnight before working on it, never had any problems so I would say 6-12 hours should be ok.

Cheers
Brenden

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 18:13 

You can get the unscented one at Makro, but they only sell in 5L bottles.

I have been playing around with this for a while now, but still get mixed results

Here is what to look for

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 19:44 

I've got a bottle of Mr. Muscle Floor Polish (has the "Future" logo at the bottom) - it's about 12 months old and has turned a horrible yellow (still smells nice though). I'm not convinced that Future is as it's cracked out to be - I think it will yellow over time which will become very apparent on lighter colours. Best solution - use gloss enamels, apply decals and minimise chances of yellowing by using a single layer of matt finish. Of course, on dark colours, yellowing doesn't really matter ....

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2010, 13:05 

Mistral wrote:
I've got a bottle of Mr. Muscle Floor Polish (has the "Future" logo at the bottom) - it's about 12 months old and has turned a horrible yellow (still smells nice though). I'm not convinced that Future is as it's cracked out to be - I think it will yellow over time which will become very apparent on lighter colours. Best solution - use gloss enamels, apply decals and minimise chances of yellowing by using a single layer of matt finish. Of course, on dark colours, yellowing doesn't really matter ....

I have been using it for years and still have models that where spayed almost 2 years ago and there is no yellowing (I only use the unscented one). The yellowing could be from the "scents" separating (hope that makes sense). I airbrush the future on at about 15-20psi with a squirt of windowlene in the future.

I even use the stuff to apply decals, it help's the decals set into panel line etc

This is just information that I am giving, as with everything in modelling its come's down to personal preference and what works for you.

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 07:22 

Metallicus wrote:

I have been using it for years and still have models that where spayed almost 2 years ago and there is no yellowing (I only use the unscented one). The yellowing could be from the "scents" separating (hope that makes sense). I airbrush the future on at about 15-20psi with a squirt of windowlene in the future.

I even use the stuff to apply decals, it help's the decals set into panel line etc

This is just information that I am giving, as with everything in modelling its come's down to personal preference and what works for you.

Hi Metallicus - I'll try the unscented version. I have used Future as decal solvent in the past on a dark matt base (OH-58 Kiowa in olive drab) and it worked like a bomb - pulled the decals down nicely. :D