The SAAF Forum

Discussion on the SAAF and other southern African air forces.
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 20:08

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: African navies
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2019, 18:53 
Site Admin

Thanks for posting, always interesting to see our neighboring navies.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2019, 07:57 

MTR 81 ? 81mm mortar I guess

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2019, 12:30 

Mistral wrote:
MTR 81 ? 81mm mortar I guess

That would make sense..

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2019, 12:39 

More From the Navy open day

(Pictures by the Namibian Navy)
Public aboard the Ships and boats

Street procession

Display's at the Naval Base

Inspecting the RG32

Another parade was had at the Navy Base

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2020, 13:19 

Rear Admiral Alweendo Amungulu takes over as Navy Commander as Rear Admiral Sinsy Nghipandua retires
The new normal is Change of Command parades being small events held indoors :(
Quote:
Rear Admiral AP Amungulu Take over the leadership of the Namibian Navy
Namibian Navy Commander, Rear Admiral Sinsy Ndeshi Bamba Nghipandua has retired and handed over the command of the Namibian Navy to Rear Admiral Alweendo Paulus Amungulu.
Admiral Nghipandua became the Navy Commander in 2017 after taking over from his predecessor Rear Admiral Peter Hafeni Vilho.
In his farewell message, Admiral Nghipandua thanked his predecessor, Retired Rear Admiral Peter Vilho for setting a strong foundation.
Nghipandua said that it was an honor to serve as the Navy commander and is thankful for all the personnel at the Navy for assisting him during the execution of his duties.
“I am very pleased to have had such a strong team that helped me during the time I was Navy commander,” Nghipandua said.
Accepting his new role, Admiral Amungulu thanked his Excellency Dr. Hage Geingob, president of the Republic of Namibia and Commander in Chief of the NDF for appointing him as the new Navy Commander.
He added that he will not disappoint, but deliver to the best of his abilities. “I would like to thank the people who invested in me, took a personal interest in my professional development, challenged me and helped me grow to be the man I am today,” Amungulu said.
Admiral Nghipandua has been with the Navy from its establishment as a Maritime Wing until it was commissioned into a fully-fledged Navy.
He was among the first group of officers sent to Brazil to be trained as ship captains and he was the first commander of the first Namibian Navy vessel; NPV Oryx.
He also served at several posts such Commander of Naval Base Captain P.N Sacharia, Commander Naval Operations before becoming the Navy Commander.
Similar to his predecessor, Admiral Amungulu has been with the Navy from its establishment, serving as the first Captain of the decommissioned Namibian Ship Dimo Hamaambo, Commander Naval Support and Commander Naval Operations.

https://www.facebook.com/Namibian-Navy-Organisation

his unoffical profile,the author jumps back and forth though [ very confusing]
Quote:
Alweendo Paulus Amungulu was born at Okafitu ka Kahala on 16 December 1963. He obtained a diploma in Auto Mechanics in the then German Republic and worked as an Auto Mechanic at the Swapo transit camp outside Luanda.

He joined the People’s Liberation Army of Namibia (PLAN) at Tobias Hainyeko training centre in Lubango Angola and trained in Radio Communications.

After Namibia’s independence Amungulu joined the Namibian Defence Force (NDF) in the department of policy, plans and operations with the rank of Corporal. He was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant (Junior Grade) in 1995.

Amungulu attended the Naval Officers Course in Brazil from 1995 to 1998 and obtained a Diploma in Naval Science. He was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant (Navy) after the establishment of the then NDF Maritime Wing and served as the Wing’s Chief of Staff Intelligence until 2004.

He was promoted to the rank of Commander and appointed as the Commanding Officer of the Namibian Navy ship Lieutenant General Dimo Hamaambo which is the first warship acquired by the country in 2002.

Amungulu was subsequently promoted to the rank of Captain (Navy) whilst serving in the same post.

Rear Admiral Amungulu is a graduate from the International College of Defence Studies of the National Defence University in the People’s Republic of China having attended that course from September 2019 to July 2020.

He held the post of Commander Naval Support and was responsible for administration and Logistics of the Navy from 2010 to 2017. He was promoted to the rank of Rear Admiral (Junior Grade) in 2015 and was appointed as Commander Naval Operations from September 2017 to August 2020.

During his military career Rear Admiral Amungulu has been honoured with different medals. He is married to Ndapandula. They have three children.

https://www.erongo.com.na/news/new-comm ... 020-08-31/
[click on imges to enlarge]
Receiving his new rank insignia from the CDF

His warrant, i assume its signed by the CIC

Handing over of the symbol of authority between the two rear admirals

CDF Air Marshal Martin Pinehas flanked by rear Admiral Nghipandua to his left and Rear Admiral Amungulu to his right
https://www.facebook.com/Namibian-Navy-Organisation

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6