The SAAF Forum

Discussion on the SAAF and other southern African air forces.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 21:24

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2017, 19:27 

Not sure how many people have been following just how heated everything is getting there. From China saying that the wont condone a strike on North Korea to all the drills that have been underway. East and west. The latest is now a very clear message from China that China will control this area.

A copy and paste of what may be propaganda but what many agree to be true.
TENSIONS in Asia have just been ramped up another notch, with China reacting with outrage to planned visits by US warships to Taiwan.

“The day that a US Navy vessel arrives in Kaohsiung, is the day that our People’s Liberation Army unites Taiwan with military force,” Chinese diplomat Li Kexin is quoted as telling an embassy event in the United States.

So with Syrian conflict coming to an end. Will the next war be gain in Jerusalem. Clearly a war must start somewhere to keep the machine running. The question is where and what's the cost.
Philipenes has backed down on its claims on the islands. China is making coast guard ships as fast as navy ships all convertible to frigates etc. Some call it a navy reserve fleet.

I find myself daily amazed at how things are shifting in that side of the world. From China's hypersonic weapons to their navy. Commissioning a warship every 8 days from what I read somewhere.

Let's get a dialogue going to see if we can eliminate the speculations and see what's what. If some are up for it

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2018, 03:15 

Well it's been a while. So I'll just say this. The doctrine from China is clear regarding this. They have the navy. Coast guard and militia. They will continue on the path of creatin a world her one power doesn't dominate. Anyway here is a read https://www.cna.org/CNA_files/PDF/IRM-2016-U-013646.pdf if anyone is interest