The SAAF Forum

Discussion on the SAAF and other southern African air forces.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 07:10

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
PostPosted: 03 Jun 2016, 22:31 

An excellent and informative post as usual, Mfezi. Much appreciated.
I'll go and have a look at my personal email now. :oops:
Though in my defence, my house extension has kept me rather busy in my spare time.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2017, 13:31 

Mfezi wrote:
The Su-35 and T-50 will NOT use the same engines. The fact that the T-50 prototypes use the AL-41F1 which is very similar to the Saturn 117S as installed on the Su-35S is just an interim solution. The изделие 30 that is being developed in parallel with the T-50 and which is supposed to be fitted into the definitive production versions (probably after 2020) is a very different design.

Responding to my own post more than a year later, but I thought it news worthy that a few days ago one of the Su-57 prototypes now flew with a prototype of the "Izdelye 30" engine. In the video, you will see the Izdelye 30 on the left and the interim AL-41F1 on the right. The difference in the length and shape of the nozzles are clearly visible in the close-ups around 0:30 into the video:

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2018, 10:19 

Mfezi wrote:
Mfezi wrote:
The Su-35 and T-50 will NOT use the same engines. The fact that the T-50 prototypes use the AL-41F1 which is very similar to the Saturn 117S as installed on the Su-35S is just an interim solution. The изделие 30 that is being developed in parallel with the T-50 and which is supposed to be fitted into the definitive production versions (probably after 2020) is a very different design.

Responding to my own post more than a year later, but I thought it news worthy that a few days ago one of the Su-57 prototypes now flew with a prototype of the "Izdelye 30" engine. In the video, you will see the Izdelye 30 on the left and the interim AL-41F1 on the right. The difference in the length and shape of the nozzles are clearly visible in the close-ups around 0:30 into the video:

Hi Mfezi,

Did you perhaps forget to include the link to that video? I'm blocked form Youtube here at work, but usually I can see a section where it was left out.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2018, 10:28 

rynopot wrote:
Hi Mfezi,

Did you perhaps forget to include the link to that video? I'm blocked form Youtube here at work, but usually I can see a section where it was left out.

Hy Ryno

Nope, the video shows up on my side, but it is embedded using the forum feature. It is probably your work IT that is interfering.

Nevertheless, here is a direct URL to the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=371VTv_jQE0

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18