The SAAF Forum

Discussion on the SAAF and other southern African air forces.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 06:29

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: FSX not working
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2013, 21:39 

I have just reinstalled FSX after formatting my whole computer due to a virus and now when I press Alt, the menu doesn't come up and when I right click nothing comes up either. Now I can't fly because I can't click mouse yoke. Any help will be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: FSX not working
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2013, 14:15 

cant help you with the flightsim issue, but regarding formatting your whole computer due to a virus, there is an easier and much less effort/time consuming way around that issue...create a partition in your hdd when you install windows, the size is up to you but i create a 100gb partition for my C: drive and store all other data on the rest of my hdd. Once windows is installed create an image backup of your C: drive on the remaining space. if you get a virus instead of formatting you just press F8 on the windows loading screen, then go restore from image. and bam! virus gone and windows is back to what it was when you installed it and since it only affects your C: drive you still have all your data! takes bout 10-15min to restore windows...i find it really easy and convenient! i dont use anti-virus, they take up too much ram and processing power and end up being nothing more than a nuisance! well in my opinion! and i also like the challenge of finding the virus and ending its life...ive had some really smart ones before!! anyway my 10c worth.

Post subject: Re: FSX not working
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2013, 17:01 

If you have more than one hard drive try to re install FSX there,worked for me,I had the same issue,there are still logs in your hard drive that most likely are preventing FSX to work again with the same password,will just say error drive C or something like that

That's why it's called the present.