The SAAF Forum

Discussion on the SAAF and other southern African air forces.
It is currently 21 Jul 2019, 01:53

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2011, 14:55 

How does one "swop" air files in fsx? I would like to try to swop the acceleration packs F-18 with the alphasims gripen as the standerd gripen's performance is totally wrong! And befrore i get crucified i know because i got that info from the actuall test pilots and ground crew who have flown the real gripen simulator! We've come to the conclusion that the f-18 is really the closest to the real thing. Planning on building a mock up gripen cockpit for use with the airforces siyandiza/ aviation awareness program. Any ideas? :wink:

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2011, 08:33 

You can change the .air file easily, by right click your existing Gripen .air file, and add BAK at the end (the purpose is to make a Backup of your .air file. ( For Example , I have JAS39Gripen.air, and will rename it to JAS39GripenBAK.air)
Then, Copy the file you want to use as the new .air file into the Gripen's Aircraft Folder, and rename it to the original Gripen Air file name. ( example: Copy the F18.air file , and rename it JAS39Gripen.air)

Remember, the Air file alone not determine the aircraft's handling. It is a combination of the Air File, and the Aircraft.cfg. Be carefull not to copy and replace an entire Aircraft.cfg, byt if you really want to copy the performance, then rather open the Aircraft.cfg with Notepad, and only copy and replace the Performance areas.
Shout if you need more help!

Enjoy!