The SAAF Forum

Discussion on the SAAF and other southern African air forces.
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 02:43

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2008, 16:12 

Hi there folks

I have been busy for a while now hehe doing some more repaints and still have some requests to look after also....

In any case I have uploaded my new repaints to http://www.flightsim.com so you will find it all there in a day or 2.

The first uploads is a fix for my previous Citroen Commercial and Aerosud demonstrator Mirage repaints and below you can see what I fixed.

Citroen Commercial Fix Screenshot
Aerosud demonstrator Fix Screenshot

Then I have 1st repainted SAAF F1AZ #233 again but this time in the colours when it was still active with the at AFB Overberg at the TFDC with the testpilots flying it and using it as a avionics demonstrator for the avionics that will be used on the Super Mirage F1.

Here is a few screenshots of the repaint:
SAAF testpilot in orange overall :o)

Then lastly I have repainted SAAF F1AZ #234 painted in intermediate dark earth scheme. Following a dogfight with mig-23's, in which the mig pilots had spotted the SAAF aircraft first, (the mig23's had actually been stalking the mirages,) the mid buff colour was changed to dark earth. It was felt that the mid buff was too bright and aided the mig pilots in spotting the SAAF mirages. This colour change was done overnight, by Commandant Johan Rankin, whilst still deployed in the operational area.

Here is a few screenshots of the repaint:

I hope you like the repaints and enjoy it! Please feel free to leave any comments and so forth.

Blessings and happy flying!!!!!! :smt023